3 boozy hot chocolate recipes to curl up with this winter
Because, sometimes, even chocolate needs a boost
Kudos to: Aldi
This deliciously rich hot chocolate definitely packs a punch.
700ml semi-skimmed milk
300ml Cowbelle single cream
125g Moser Roth 70% dark chocolate
25g Moser Roth Madagascan vanilla chocolate
- Finely chop the dark chocolate and grate the white chocolate.
- Put the milk and the cream into a pan and heat to almost boiling.
- Divide the dark chocolate between 4 glasses, adding 25ml of Amaretto into each glass.
- Divide the hot milk between the 4 glasses
- Stir to melt the chocolate, then sprinkle white chocolate over the top and serve.
Kudos to: Good Taste with Tanji
We always take our whisky with chocolate and cinnamon.
2 oz Drambuie
9 oz hot milk
3 oz hot cocoa mix
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and warm over medium heat. Stir slowly until simmering. Serve hot, garnished with miniature marshmallows if desired.
Kudos to: Miriam Nice
This sumptuous and creamy boozy blend is made with dark chocolate, double cream and a touch of mint liqueur.
50ml double cream
1 tsp icing sugar
Few drops of peppermint extract
150ml whole milk
50g dark chocolate, chopped
25ml crème de menthe
Dark chocolate curls or sprinkles
- Whip the cream in a small bowl then stir in the icing sugar and a few drops of peppermint extract. Place in the fridge until needed.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat gently until simmering, stirring frequently. Take off the heat then add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Return to the heat until warm then add the crème de menthe and pour into a mug.
- Top with a dollop of the whipped mint cream and chocolate curls (or sprinkles) just before serving.