O’ Crumb All Ye Faithful!
Celebrate National Brownie Day with these chocolate raspberry reindeer brownies from plant-based food blogger Amy Lanza
chocolate raspberry reindeer brownies
For the brownies:
- 250g pitted dates
- 80g cashews
- 40g pretzels (GF if needed)
- 140g cashew or almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 30g cacao powder
- A pinch of salt
For the chocolate ganache:
- 60g cashew or almond butter
- 15g maple syrup
- 10g cacao powder
- 2 tbsps plant-based milk
For the pretzel reindeers:
- 9 pretzels
- 15g chocolate, melted
- 9 chocolate raspberry brownie protein balls
- Googly eyes (or more protein balls, chopped)
- Edible stars
- Extra pretzels
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes and then drain, reserving 1-2 tbsps of the water.
- Blitz the cashews and pretzels in a blender to form a fine flour with small chunks then pour into a bowl.
- Add the dates to the blender with the cashew/almond butter and vanilla and process until jammy. Add in the cashews and pretzels, cacao powder and salt and blitz until it forms a sticky dough. Scrape down the sides as necessary and add 1-2 tbsp of reserved date water if needed.
- Line an 8-inch square dish with parchment paper. Transfer the sticky brownie mix to the dish and press down firmly to form an even base layer. Transfer to the freezer for 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the pretzel reindeer. Spoon over a little chocolate in the middle of the pretzel and add on the protein balls for the nose and then the eyes (or use extra protein balls chopped in 1/4). Place on a parchment lined tray and set in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Make the chocolate ganache by whisking or stirring together all the ingredients until smooth and creamy. 7. Spread the chocolate ganache over the brownies, chop into 9 squares and decorate with extra pretzels, some edible stars and the pretzel reindeer.
Recipes devised for The Protein Ball Co. and The Great British Porridge Co. by Amy Lanza @nourishing.amy