PB&J breakfast muffins
Ingredients (makes 7):
- 200g bananas, mashed (2 medium-sized)
- 75g runny peanut butter
- 60ml agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 100g plain flour of GF plain flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of sofa
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 30g berry jam
- 1 x pack (45g) Peanut Butter Protein Balls, chopped in 1/8
- 10g mixed seeds
For the frosting:
- 150g thick yoghurt
- 30g vanilla protein powder
- 1 pack (45g) Peanut Butter Protein Balls, chopped in ½
- 1 tbsp runny peanut butter
Preheat the oven to 160 fan/180C and line a muffin tin with cases.
Mash the bananas and whisk together with the peanut butter, syrup, lemon juice and vanilla essence.
Lift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a second bowl. Pour the wet mix over and stir to a thick batter. Fold in the Peanut Butter Protein Balls.
Fill each muffin case halfway, making a small dent, fill the hole with some of the jam and top with the remaining muffin batter.
Smooth over the tops, sprinkle over the seeds and bake for 20-22 minutes until golden. Remove from the tin and cool fully on a wire rack (or eat warm if you aren’t frosting them).
If frosting the muffins, stir/whisk together the yoghurt and protein powder until thick and smooth and pipe/spoon over the muffins. Top with the Peanut Butter Protein Balls and a drizzle of peanut butter. Store in an airtight container in the fridge if frosted.