Carrot Cake porridge – the perfect Easter breakfast
Carrot Cake Porridge with Apple and Raisin
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 50g porridge oats (we’d go for Flahavan’s Organic Jumbo Porridge Oats)
- 150ml milk or almond milk
- 200ml water
- 1 medium-sized carrot finely grated
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 baby carrot sliced in half
- A handful of toasted chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Dusting of cinnamon
Place the porridge oats, milk, water, grated carrot, cinnamon, ginger and raisins in medium-sized pan over a medium heat, bring to the boil and then reduce the temperature to a low heat.
Stir regularly and continue cooking for around 10-12 minutes until thick and creamy.
Pour the porridge into a bowl and decorate with the carrot half, walnuts, honey (if using) and cinnamon.
For more oaty recipe inspiration, visit here