Midweek Menu: Cherry, Chocolate & Marshmallow Fridge Cake
Cherry, Chocolate & Marshmallow Fridge Cake
- 1 jar cocktail cherries, drained and halved
- 2 pieces of stem ginger, finely sliced
- 2 pieces of crystallised ginger, finely sliced
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g butter
- 1tbsp stem ginger syrup (from the jar)
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 200g Digestive biscuits
(For the cocktail cherries, stem ginger and crystallised ginger, we’d recommend using Opies)
- Line a standard loaf tin with cling film, making sure to leave an overhang so you can easily remove the cake.
- In a bowl, break the chocolate, add the butter and golden syrup and microwave on low power. Stir every 20 seconds until the chocolate and butter have melted. Leave to one side.
- In a mixing bowl, break the digestive biscuits into large chunks. Then add the cherries, marshmallows, and stem ginger slices.
- Pour over the chocolate and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and press down gently. Pop into the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
- Once set, lift out the cake from the tin using the overhang of cling film. Slice and serve.
This will keep in the fridge for up to one week in an airtight container.
Recipe credit: Opies