Happy Cinco de Mayo! Here’s a couple of Margarita recipes to celebrate…
We’ve got an alcoholic and a virgin option, so there’s really no excuse not to imbibe…
- 1 part Cazadores Tequila
- ½ part triple sec liqueur
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1 a pinch of salt
- cubed ice
- Chill your glass (the easiest way is to fill it with ice).
- Put lots of ice and all of the ingredients into a shaker, then shake hard for about 30 seconds to chill the liquid really well.
- Run a lime wedge around the outside of the rim of your glass before rolling the rim in salt.
- Double strain the mix into the glass.
Recipe credit: Jamie Oliver
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar, or more to taste
- Crushed ice
- Club soda
- 4 lime wedges, optional
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, optional
For Margaritaville-style frozen drinks, blend the lime juice, lemon juice and sugar with 4 cups of ice in a high-powered blender. Blend until the mixture is nice and slushy.
For a true margarita experience, you’ll want to prepare a salted glass. Start by swiping one of the lime wedges around the rim of the glass. Then, pour some coarse salt onto a small plate and dip the edge of the glass into the salt, rolling it around until the edge is coated.
Fill your glasses with crushed ice, then pour in your lemon-lime mixture. Top with a splash of soda and garnish with a slice of lime, if desired.
Recipe credit: Taste of Home