Strawberry Gin Smash
- 473ml (1 pint) Pink Gin
- 711ml soda water
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (to taste)
- 1 punnet of fresh strawberries
- The juice of two limes
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Cut the limes into small pieces, add the sugar, place in a cocktail shaker and muddle well to help release those oils from the peel and incorporate the sugar to the juice.
- Strain into the jug and then add half the punnet of strawberries before smashing everything together.
- Next add the ice, gin, and the rest of the strawberries which have been sliced, along with some basil leaves.
- Gently stir the ingredients together before topping up with the soda water. Serve in highball glasses with strawberries and basil to garnish.