Sausage and Apple Stuffed Roasted Butternut Squash
- Small to medium-sized butternut squash
- 400g of pork sausages
- 2 large apples – chopped into small pieces
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 small red radish
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bag of salad
- Baby leaf spinach
- Fresh thyme
- Garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Olive oil
- Juice of half a fresh lemon
- Cut your butternut squash in half before scooping out the seeds and hollowing out a little for the stuffing.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper and then throw in the oven at 190°C for about 30 minutes.
- For the stuffing, peel the skin off your pork sausages and put into a bowl. Break down the sausage mixture with a fork before adding the finely chopped apple pieces. Season with a pinch of salt, pepper, the paprika, garlic powder and grate in a hand full of parmesan cheese, then give it a good mix and leave to one side.
- Once the butternut squash has been in for 30 minutes, take out of the oven and then generously stuff it with the sausage and apple Grate some parmesan cheese on top and bake in the oven again for another 25-30 minutes.
- Put your salad, baby leaf spinach, finely sliced radish, cucumber in a bowl and drizzle some olive oil and the juice of half lemon on top. Add a pinch of salt and give it a good mix before plating.