Sweet Potato Burger with Cucumber & Sweet Pepper Relish
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 750g)
- 3 tbsp Cucumber & Sweet Pepper Relish (we recommend Tracklements)
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 170g can sweetcorn, drained
- Small bunch coriander, roughly chopped 100g polenta
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Pierce the potato skins and place on a baking tray. Bake for 45 mins until really soft. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Scoop out the “flesh” of the potato and put in a bowl. Add 3 tbsp of cucumber & sweet pepper relish. Mash together with the cumin and ground coriander, sweetcorn, fresh coriander and half of the polenta and season.
- Shape the mixture into 10 burgers. The mixture will be quite soft. Carefully dip each one into the remaining polenta and dust off any excess. Place burgers on oiled baking trays and chill for at least 30 mins. You can wrap and freeze the burgers if you like.
- When the flames on the bbq have died down, place a large, well-oiled non-stick frying pan or sturdy baking tray on top of the bars. Cook the burgers in the pan or on the tray for 10 mins each side until nicely browned. Alternatively, heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and cook on oiled baking trays for 15 mins.
- Serve in buns with a dollop of relish, slices of onion and salad leaves.