Mid-Week Meal: Buddah Bowl
Buddah Bowl: Serves: 2
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 120g Cooked brown rice
- 1 Tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1tsp Harissa spice
- 4 Pickled walnuts, sliced, (we recommend Opies)
- 1 Avocado peeled and stoned
- 1 block of Tofu
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 medium courgette, peeled into ribbons using a potato peeler
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 50g Edamame beans
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 1 Sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mustard cress
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Brush the sweet potato with the olive oil and either cook on a griddle pan or under a hot grill.
- In a frying pan, dry-fry the chickpeas in the harissa spice, then leave until needed.
- For the tofu, marinade in the soy sauce, then cut into cubes and fry in a hot pan with a little olive oil until it crisps up.
- For the courgette, toss with a little olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- For the dressing, mix the ingredients to form a pourable sauce. You may need to add a little more water.
- Now you can assemble your Buddha bowl. Take a large, low-sided bowl or plate. Divide the rice on the base of the plate. Then, in sections, start adding the ingredients: the chickpeas, tofu, sweet potato, edamame beans, spinach, courgette, cherry tomatoes, pickled walnuts and finally the cress.
- Drizzle over the sauce and enjoy this super-healthy bowl of goodness!
HLN Hint: Any veg can be added to the dish. It’s a great way to use up the spare items in your fridge!