Pea, mint and toasted pine nut pâté
This colourful pâté tastes as fresh as it looks
- 1 small brown onion, peeled and diced
- 150g fresh or frozen peas (thawed), reserve some for serving (optional)
- 400g tin of chickpeas, rinsed
- Large handful of fresh spinach
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 50g tahini paste
- Salt and pepper
- Large sprig of fresh mint leaves, reserve some for serving
- 20g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Small handful of dill and sesame seeds, for serving
- Place the diced onion with a dash of oil or water into a small frying pan with a lid and cook over a low heat, until soft and translucent (5–10 mins).
- Remove the cooked onions from the heat and pour them into a food processor.
- Add the peas, drained chickpeas, spinach, garlic, tahini, seasoning and mint leaves (reserve some for serving, if desired).
- Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture into a serving dish and top with the toasted pine nuts, extra mint leaves, dill and sesame seeds.
- Serve with breadsticks or raw, sliced vegetables.