Mid-week meal: Roast chicken with sticky pomegranate
Simply serve with some greens
Prep Time: At least 2 hours (preferably overnight)
- 2kg chicken joints
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp ground sumac
- 700g potatoes (we recommend Maris Piper or King Edward), peeled and cut
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- 50g leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl with the olive oil, pomegranate molasses, red onions, lemon, sumac and a good sprinkling of sea salt and ground black pepper. Toss everything together well and marinade for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas 4. Tip the chicken and all the marinade ingredients out into a large roasting tin and add the potatoes.
- Place in the oven to roast for 45 minutes until the chicken has turned sticky and caramelised and the potatoes are cooked and golden.
- Transfer to a large serving platter and scatter over the pomegranate seeds and flat leaf parsley. Serve with any pan juices drizzled over the top.