Mid-week meal: California walnut, aubergine & mushroom Keema Curry
- 150g walnuts, chopped (we recommend California Walnuts)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 aubergine, cut into 1cm dice
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 100g baby spinach
- 225g basmati rice, cooked
- Soak the walnuts in lukewarm water for 20 minutes, drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion and chilli for 4-5 minutes, add the spices and then the aubergine and mushrooms, cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, 100ml water and the walnuts, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the spinach until just wilted and season.
- Serve with the cooked basmati rice.
Try adding chickpeas instead of the aubergine and stir in chopped coriander at the end.
Recipe credit: California Walnuts