South African pear, parma ham and rocket pizza
If you’re a pineapple on pizza lover, you’ll love this one...
Serves: 4 (1/2 pizza each)
- 2 large pizza bases
- 4 tbsp green pesto sauce
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced (we recommend South African)
- 80g pack parma ham
- 2 handfuls rocket
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Put each pizza base onto a baking sheet and spread 2 tbsp of pesto sauce over each one. Share the pine nuts between them and arrange the pears on top. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the parma ham and rocket on top of the pizzas, then season with freshly ground black pepper. Add a few parmesan cheese shavings, then serve.
Recipe credit: South African Fruit