Taking part in The Great North Run? This pasta recipe will have you feeling ready to take on your marathon
The pasta dish packed with all the protein, vitamins and carbs that you need to feel energized for your run
- 160g fusilli
- 150g mushrooms
- 100g cream cheese
- 100g cream
- 20g chopped pistachios and hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of finely chopped parsley
- Clean the mushrooms and chop them finely.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic clove, finely chopped parsley and mushrooms, then sauté on high heat. Afterwards, remove the garlic and set aside.
- In a different pan, melt the cream cheese with the cream.
- Cook the Fusilli in a large amount of slightly salted boiling water.
- Drain al dente, toss in the pan with the cheese sauce, and add the chopped hazelnut and pistachio mix.
- Serve on individual plates and sprinkle the mushroom mixture on top.
Recipe credit: Barilla