Lasagne with pumpkin ragu, cabbage and almonds
Our favourite comfort food with an Autumnal twist
- 10 lasagne sheets
- 100g Brussel sprouts
- 100g red cabbage
- 100g pumpkin
- 50g leek
- 50ml dry white wine
- 50g Taleggio cheese
- 30g almond flakes
- 800ml milk
- 30g butter
- 30g flour
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the vegetables. Cut the leek Julienne style, slice the red cabbage into long strips, quarter the Brussel sprouts and dice the pumpkin.
- Pour a generous amount of oil into a frying pan and sauté the chopped vegetables. Soak the vegetables in the white wine and let it evaporate, then season with salt and pepper.
- For the béchamel sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and mix well. Slowly pour in the boiling hot milk, stirring continuously as it thickens. Season with salt and nutmeg.
- Bring the béchamel to a boil before adding in most the Taleggio cheese (reserve some for later). Stir until you get a smooth sauce.
- Grease a baking dish and build the lasagna. Add a layer of the béchamel and vegetables at the bottom and top with the lasagne sheets. Continue until you get a total of five layers, with the sauce and vegetables on top.
- Add the remaining cheese and cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Let it rest for 10 minutes, top with chopped almonds and serve.
Recipe credit: Barilla