Recipe: Slow cooker green chicken curry
Giving you maximum flavour but with minimum effort...
- 1.4kg chicken pieces on the bone
- 1/4 cup (75g) green curry paste
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemongrass paste
- 1 tbsp drained kaffir lime leaves
- 150g thick rice noodles
- 200g snow peas, halved diagonally
- 1 pak choy, halved or cut into wedges lengthways
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Combine the chicken, curry paste, onion, coconut milk, lemongrass and lime leaves in a slow cooker. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high (or 6 hours on low) or until the chicken is falling off the bone.
- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 mins or until tender. Drain well. Divide the noodles evenly among serving bowls.
- Meanwhile, cook the snow peas and pak choy in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 mins or until bright green. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Add the lime juice, sugar and fish sauce to the curry in the slow cooker and stir to combine. Season.
- Spoon the curry over the noodles in the bowls. Top with the snow peas and pak choy.
Recipe credit: Taste