Mid-week meal: Winter squash soup
Whip up this easy, delicious soup for a warming work lunch.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 pounds winter squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley (fresh), chopped to serve (optional)
- Melt the butter and oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions and celery, and gently cook until really soft – about 15 mins.
- Add the squash and cook, stirring for 5 mins.
- Add the honey and chicken stock, bring to a simmer and cook until the squash is tender.
- Remove from heat and using a hand blender, blitz until smooth (adding a bit more stock or water if the soup is too thick). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reheat before serving. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Recipe credit: Erren’s Kitchen