Sweet chilli Mediterranean sausage and maple skewers
- 8 sausages, each chopped into 3 pieces
- 2 red onions, peeled and each cut in to 6 wedges
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 courgettes, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp maple syrup, preferably dark for its robust taste (we recommend Pure Canadian)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- To make the skewers, alternate the pieces of sausage, red onion wedges, pepper, and courgette.
- In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, sesame oil, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce.
- Coat the skewers in the marinade. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- When the barbecue coals are glowing white, place the skewers on to the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning every few minutes to ensure an even cook.
- To serve, plate up the skewers and serve with extra sauce.
Recipe credit: Maple From Canada