30 biggest icks that will make you question your relationship
Long and dirty fingernails, a baby voice and clapping when the plane lands, are just a few irrational turn-offs on the list.
A recent poll found that 42% of British adults have ended a relationship because of getting the ick.
But what does ‘ick’ mean? Well, the ‘ick’ is when something specific suddenly stops your attraction to someone, usually because of something small or specific.
We’re talking about those small, irritating things your partner does that you feel yourself cringing at inside, whether that be chewing with their mouth open, saying ‘ahh’ after sipping on a cuppa or even just heavy breathing in general.
We’ve rounded a list of some of our biggest and funniest icks.
Disclaimer: Here at HLN we do all love our partners really, flaws, icks and all.
30 things that give us the “ick”
1. Smelling bad
2. Being overbearing and rude
3. Smiling with food in their teeth
4. Running up the stairs on all fours
5. Having bad teeth
6. Living in a mess
7. Clapping when an airplane lands
8. Chewing with their mouth open
9. Being too clingy
10. Saying ‘ahh’ after sipping a cuppa
11. Having a hairy bum
12. Pretending to be more knowledgeable about something than they actually are
13. Biting a fork when eating
14. Singing the wrong song lyrics
15. When they text ‘hehe’ instead of ‘haha’
16. Running for the bus whilst wearing a backpack
17. Having long and dirty fingernails
18. Eating and talking at the same time
19. Putting on a baby voice
20. Wearing socks to bed
21. Breathing heavily and snoring
22. Dirty shoes
23. Wearing bad jeans
24. Taking longer than you to get ready
25. Having too many shirt buttons undone
26. Living at home with parents
27. Not wearing socks with shoes
28. Wanting to share food on the first date
29. Not paying on the first date
30. Wearing creased clothes