Mid-Week Meal: Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Parsley Salsa & Mild Chilli Munchy Seeds
Need some Veganuary inspo? Look no further…
Prepare time: 30 minutes
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 & ½ tsps ground cumin
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Olive oil
- 2 tsps capers, a few extra to sprinkle on the finished dish
- 1 bag Munchy Seeds (mild chilli)
1. Begin by removing the tough leaves of the cauliflower. Trim the base. Starting in the centre of the cauliflower, slice 2 thick (or 4 thinner) slices for the steaks and place them on a tray and drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with the cumin. Season well.
2. Place a large, heavy-based frying pan on the hob on medium-high heat and put the steaks in the pan. If you have 2 thick steaks then brown for several minutes on one side, then flip over and place in the oven on 180°C to finish cooking for 15-20 minutes. If you’ve cut thinner steaks, just flip over once brown on the underside and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
3. To make the salsa, finely chop the parsley with the capers. Mince the garlic and place into a bowl and add 40ml extra virgin olive oil and the zest of half a lemon. Season with a little salt and pepper.
4. Place the cauliflower on the plates, randomly dollop with the salsa, sprinkle with a few capers and Munchy Seeds. Serve with a seasonal salad.
Recipe devised by Munchy Seeds